Amphi B106 (Bât. B, 1st floor)
Paris 8 Saint-Denis University
2, rue de la Liberté — 93526 Saint-Denis
Twenty years ago, a movement of the thinking of translation was born in Iran which gave rise to a great fertility of debates, critical productions and scientific publications, books of translations in persian of European philosophies singificative of their reception in Iran, especially in the politicized dimension of this reception.
If thinking the process of translation itself is necessary, against all essentialism, all identitarianism, or all culturalism, a dialectic operates where the translation both is a conscious process, and the plan of emergence of new thinkings inscribed in the field of history of critical thinkings circumscribed by languages and the geopolitic of their exchanges.
Translation as well as thinking is not an operative totality, it does not possess any essence, nor does it doesn't know a single direction of its elaboration except its history.
We will adress so the relations between politics, translation and history.
12:00 — Conference
- Morad Farhadpour (Institut Porsech): Translation-Thinking
15:00 — Researches in progress round table
- Amir Kianpour (LLCP-Paris 8) and Zahra Pourazizi (EHESS): The archipelago of Babel, A collective documentary (Projection and reading)
- Bahar Majdzadeh (Paris 1): The Iranian common memory of the 80s and the aesthetics of the confrontation with a violent past
- Mansur Tayfuri (LLCP-Paris 8): State(s) and exception(s)
17:00 — Digression
- Oreste Scalzone: Leviathan in the language
18:00 — Closing drink