Paris 8 University Online
Studies day – March 4th, 2021
Paris 8 University online*
Meeting ID: 867 8728 6303
Mexico: 06:00-12:00 (UTC-6) – Toronto: 07:00-13:00 (UTC-5) – London: 12:00-18h00 (UTC+0) – Paris: 13:00-19:00 (UTC+1) – Naplouse: 14:00-20:00 (UTC+2) – Qamishli: 14:00-20:00 (UTC+2) – Srinagar: 17:30-23:30 (UTC+5:30) – https://time.is
The Stateless Peoples born of political and colonial modernity speak different languages of history, society, life in common and politics. The state-national injunction, based on the unicity of the state, nation, history, identity and language, in which the state organizes for its benefit the relations of social production, class, gender, origin, etc., has thus generated so many frontiers to which they cannot be assigned.
On the occasion of this day, we want to propose conversely inter- and transdisciplinary perspectives that are attached to these other forms of history and narrative, capable of questioning the terms of research, and cross-border perspectives within and outside existing states, where living conditions and the differentiation of imposed statuses, the absence of rights, have given rise to the aspiration for new social and political projects open to transnational solidarity movements.
- Sonia Dayan-Herzbrun (LCSP-University of Paris / Medfil Humanities Institute): "Dramas and dead ends of the national idea"
- Naji El Khatib (Medfil Humanities Institute): "The impossible state. Thinking from Palestine"
- Samah Saleh (An Najah University): "Palestian women's experiences during and after incarceration"
- Zara Bakshi (Ashoka University / JKCCS / Zanaan Wanaan), Mariyeh Mushtaq (Birbeck-University of London / Zanaan Wanaan), Ifsha Zehra (Ashoka Univeristy / JKCCS / Zanaan Wanaan): Zanaan Wanaan: "A conversation on Kashmir"
- Sardar Saadi (SSHRC-University of Toronto / RSO-WUR / ISS-Rojava University): "Emancipatory politics in Kurdistan: ethnographic observations in Diyarbakir"
- Gulistan Sido (Rojava University): "The ecological situation in Rojava"
- Silvana Rabinovich (IIFL et FFyL-UNAM / LLCP-Paris 8): "Mexicans, Palestinians, Sahrawis: On the same side of different walls"
* To join the virtual room of this day which will take place via the Internet, click on the following link which will trigger the download and installation of the videoconferencing software then the connection to the virtual room : https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86787286303.
If you have already installed the videoconferencing software Zoom, you will only need to enter the following virtual room number via the ’Join Meeting’ function of the software once it is open : 867 8728 6303.
This day is organized by the Young Researchers of the LLCP-Paris 8 within the framework of "The Archive between poetics, politics, and violence of history" (MIP 2020-2021).